back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Saturday, June 25, 2005

armchair touring

Reading Crazyguyonabike. Mostly the trike journals, of course! I'm trying to understand my urge to tour. I'm not a great camper, I don't like not knowing where I am, or where I'm going. I don't like traveling alone. But I want to tour.

I know I'll do a number of them with the Davis Bike Club. I like biking alone, though. Something about just going, and setting up a camp, eating, sleeping and doing it again the next day. I DID like that when Nick and I went around the country, albeit with a truck. And a dog.

Trike would take out the 'fear of falling and crashing' aspect of bike touring. It would be slow. It would be low. But how awesome to take off with camera!

I could trike down to visit Anthony if he moves to around L.A. How bad is it to bike down that far? He could always meet me at Santa Barbara at a campsite around there....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home