back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Makeover

My backyard was a horror. California has a ridiculous amount of growing days, and I grow weeds best. So I made an offer for young Duran and Joe from Alaska, and friends of dd. Clear out my yard. Please! And in exchange, they get a used electric drum set, formally owned by dd best friend, Andrew, to help fund his next ink. ???

My yard looks HUGE now! It was 2 1/2 days of work for the two. I need to have these pics so I can remember what it can look like if I stay ahead of the weeds!

Very cute touches too, like lining plants with rocks and such.
Meyer lemon and heirloom roses

Compost bins and herbs. Lots of room for tomatoes!!

...and Joe, a tired Duran and dd, after the job was done.

1 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger AmysBabies said...

What a cute back yard! You are lucky enough to have grass? I am green with envy.

I made a similar pact with Joe this summer when the weeds were up to his waist, except he wanted video game time not a drum set.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home