back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Babies - silkworms, chicks and Baby Bugs


And the Baby Bugs are done! Now to sew for my empty-ish Etsy!

In the classroom I have 6 baby chicks, about a week old

And silkworms, a few hundred, about 2 weeks old! Spring is all over except weatherwise.

AND I've decided to learn from my previous experiences with ds being a young man, and trusting his knowledge...I leave my truck to him! Usually, in my impatient manner, I would take it in to a mechanic, say 'Fix it!' pay a lot of money and have my truck back in a few days , and not trust ds to take care of it; with no timeline, plans, of quite believing he would know what he would be doing.

Ds says he can 'easily' pull a used transmission and install it for me. And change spark plugs, change the oil, and all things like that. He doesn't trust his truck to any mechanic, because in his mind they don't bother to do anything, or care what they're doing. So do I trust him?

Yes. He was a paintball mechanic for about a year, he's always had a gift with things mechanical. And if he and Jeff, in their 'whenever' way, work on my truck - well, that would be great! It's not if I'm using it hardly at all, and it CAN be driven as is. A fitted seat cover might take care of the seating situation until I can afford $250-300 on that. And I can wait on ds and Jeff to change my transmission and stick to stock. Sigh. I'm trying....

1 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Blogger AmysBabies said...

I am sure they will do a great job on your truck! It is so hard to get a new toy and not be able to play with it right off. I wish I had somebody like that to look at our car.

Your babies look great! and I love the sound of baby chicks :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home