back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Swarm headed for One Planet


Here is a swarm that will soon be heading for One Planet
my one wholesaler who will also have Sock Bugs! Liz has been super, communicating like I do (alot and quickly!) and nice as anything. And I love their concept for their site. I'm working on the Baby Bugs now, and should get it shipped over to them in the next few days.

And then I'll need to sew for my own Etsy! The last Baby Bugs and Sock Bugs have sold, and my store is Bugless... Did, however knit these that was a take off from this picture from a Japanese book on Nordic Techniques! Of course, the book is entirely in Japanese, but luckily I know the techniques, and it's the perfect thing for leftover sock yarn.

There are 1000 participants in Sockapalooza 4!! I can't wait, it'll be great fun to see all those socks!! And to get a pair myself. I've never had someone ELSE knit a pair of socks for me.

Went to visit my cousin Peter near Red Bluff. He has and is going through one of the worse things a person can experience in this life. I admire him so much. He's way cool, too! He can do and fix ANYTHING! He has 40 acres, pet cows, and he says when the day is clear, you can see mountains all around. I only saw clouds, so I'm planning to go back and see for myself! I love living here in Davis, but the flatness ...well, I can't imagine living where you can see real mountains all around. I stayed for about 7 hours, and we managed to plant about 6 of the dozen or so heirloom tomato starts I brought for him, and we cleared the weeds in 1/2 of one of two greenhouses. The drive wasn't bad at all, about 2 - 2 1/4 hours one way. Mostly we talked and drank tea. He's so unique in my entire family, sort of like my Auntie Alice with her vineyard and homestead in Canada. Very much a self made man, he also traveled around the world when he was younger. Just a fascinating person.

My truck gas mileage was terrible! Only around 20 mph. I blame those big tires and no tailgate. Or so Dennis believes. I'm trying to list on craiglist to see if some young buck wants to exchange stock wheels for mine, get a free 'lift kit' (he just has to get it off my truck) and exchange a stock shift for the after-market short stick I have. No interest yet, darn it.

Went for a short 16 mile ride yesterday. When I got back in town, about a mile from home, I passed a large man out for a spin on his bike. You could tell he was trying to get in shape and lose some weight. I passed, nodded and smiled and kept going. I was going about 18 mph, and I glanced in my mirror, and he was there! The dude was trying to catch up! It was great! You go!! He slowed after a couple of blocks, but still. It's all good.

3 Comments:

At 7:17 PM, Blogger AmysBabies said...

That is a whack of bugs! I like the one with the stripes on the wings.
How great that you got to spend time with your cousin! Family is so very important.
I hope you find somebody to swap your tires soon.

 
At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - now that is a real bug pile! I just love all of the colors.

 
At 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on birthing all those great bugs! As the proud owner of 2 bugs & a baby from etsy, I know they'll sell quickly. I love all of mine; sometimes I wonder how you can bear to part with them, but luckily for me you can. Best wishes for your One Planet venture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home