back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Weight

Weight is such a bear. It's hard! Weight and age go hand in hand, and I feel I've gotten a tenuous hand on the weight, and doing it has helped the aging aches and pains, but I know I can hold it off for only so long, before it gets a grip on me. Inevitable.

Had a small cruising ride with a girlfriend yesterday, just 11 miles downtown for lunch and back, she wants to ride to lose the 30 pounds she gained in the last year from pre-menopause and hitting that around 40 bump, where the body seems to go downhill, along with everything else. I had to empathize: she was hoping for some quick tips, easy fixes, but I confessed that I've ridden over 240 miles in the last 8 days, and hadn't lost a pound.

It takes a major lifestyle change. People that say 1/2 of walking a day? You gotta be kidding. Try hammering for over an hour a day, sucking gels and water, and maybe you'll see a difference in a few months.

I seriously had to eat less. A lot less, than what I got away with before. And now, boohoo, with no more Cheez-Its/chips/yummy salty and deep fried stuff (I'm a salty girl) and putting in serious hours, I only maintain.

I hope she can do it. But there doesn't seem much inbetween. You have to be 'buff' or you end up overweight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home