back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Saturday, August 06, 2005

It's too darned hot...

Just got back from a 65 mile ride out to the Dunnigan Hills. I was really doing well, until about 3:00pm. 102 degrees. I was concerned at the late start off time, but thought I'd be okay. Damn, that was the longest cross town ride I've ever done. Thank god Bill stopped at a feed store about 15 miles from town. He actually originally thought of it for Tuscan Bill, but that last jag, I got spit out the back. Turning South, it was a hot head wind, and I was getting over heated. Michael K soaked himself with the hose. I had him soak the back of my head. I slammed down an ice cold orange soda. When was the last time I had soda? I had a flashback of over heating as a 15 year old at a tennis competition, must have been one of those 110 days, and drinking down an orange soda. Tasted just as good as this time. Got me to town, but then I started getting a headache, and water wasn't enough. I had water, but I needed salts! 4 miles from home, I thought I was going to pass out: silly me! I was just beginning to freak myself out, cause I was so hot and dehydrated, and I never get headaches.

FINALLY got home. Drank Cytomax. Made a smoothie with Cytomax. Laid down, wasn't tired, but now, and hour later, the headache is mostly gone, and I'm beginning to feel normal again. I lost 2 pounds in water on that ride.

What do I want to eat? Fried ramen with bacon. And I'm trying to be a vegan. Dang, I just need the salts and fat. I'll see. Good thing I had that 1/2 serving of rice last night I was feeling so guilty about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home