back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Sunday, August 06, 2006

spinning and dyeing! and adding sock yarn

I'm finally back to spinning and dyeing. I haven't liked the way Jacquard does with crockpot pour method dyeing, which works great with food dyes, so I'm handpainting yarns and fibers. That's fun!

Here's some merino and tencel fiber. I LOVE this soft, shining stuff.

And my handpainted sock yarn. You'd think in 'Sockdiva's Shop' this would have happened earlier; but the whims of creativity had otherwise! This is superwash merino. Can you tell I'm big on practically every color in the dyepot?


Etsy changes: I removed the pendants that had nothing to do with socks. And I WILL try to make stitch markers, but out of those little sock beads, rather than simple slices. So bigger than the slices, and like M&M's. Even though it's much more work, I'll put the same price. Hmmm, might need another sock cane from clayartist!

Biking: Rode in Napa with nl! Here are the stats:
Mileage: 40 miles
1 flat
Buzzed by too many cars to count! Trucks were best, sedans were worse.
1 huge breakfast for lunch in St. Helena
Potholes, hills, not that many cyclists!
Headwinds - 20 mph

2 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger AmysBabies said...

No more pendants huh, bummer they were pretty. If the stitch markers are more work, then don't underprice them. I love the colors you use in your yarn! It is always so bright and colorful! and that shiney fiber looks so soft and yummy : D

 
At 7:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that tencel/merino is gorgeous. it is so shimmery in the picture.
-- becka

 

Post a Comment

<< Home