back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saw madness and Rock



First, some cabs I've wrapped since class:

I LOVED this cab - now a woman has purchased it in Castro Valley for a friend. What a good friend! I used Remy's tutorial, and it's a neat tutorial.

And my first gold wrapped. I thought the flash off the gold was cool! I like gold better than I thought I would. It's softer to work.

I've been going crazy with ebay and saws. I NEED a saw capable of cutting jasper and agates, so I'd been bidding on 10" saws, and I won one! An old Highland park monster of a saw, coming to me from Florida. About 1/10th of the cost of what new saws cost today, and these old aluminum cast ones last forever!!

Now there's a 16" saw for pick up only in Sac that I'm eyeing too. Good grief!! I've turned into a tool maven! The 'T' gene has rubbed off on me!

I came back from tennis at around 10:00pm last night, and went nuts on the Genie. Hours. It was fun! Here's the results:

The left is a recut Rainforest Jasper I wasn't happy with, the next is an Ocean Jasper, and the 3rd a red/black jasper from my stash. They'll be wrapped soon! Margot and I are now meeting every Tuesday to wrap together.

1 Comments:

At 8:06 AM, Blogger AmysBabies said...

I can't wait to see them finished! They are so beautiful even without the wire. I like the dark red one best :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home