back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

my turtle and the 'Earth' Omiyage Co-production!

This was too cool. I got 'my' pouch from beckarahn! She did a fabulous job embellishing the pouch. If you look closely, you can see the bee charm and leaves on the strap! I love that detail. There are so many details, it's hard to take it all in! Lunarium did an amazing job with the beads for this pouch. The colors, the shapes, the beads for the cord that slide(!!) and the little round ones that look like berries. Such a unique piece of wearable art!
I know the original purpose of the copro was to offer it in all of our shops at the same time...but I very, very, very, very seriously considered just keeping it for myself to look at...

My newest addition to my family. My winter turtle from amysbabies. How cute is he? And she's just added some costumed ones. Her ladybug one is impossibly cute!

My turtle sits on my sewing machine to keep me company while I sew.


When I was a kid, I collected marbles. I loved my marbles.

I was wondering why I kept making more and more beads. And then it hit me. This is WAY BETTER than collecting marbles!! I keep them in a bag on my dresser; it's my grown-up version of a marble collection!

It's tempting to sell beads in a bunch like this, in a handsewn bag, and call them 'Better than a bag of marbles...' I can't seem to stop making them as it is.

And on a more personal note: A wonderful, wonderful woman, very close to me, recently passed away. She was adventurous, strong willed, funny, intelligent, clever, all those things that made her a 'best' friend in so many ways. Years could pass between visits, and we could just pick up where we left off. We hit it off from the start, and we even planned to travel together when I retired. Now she's taking a trip where I can't follow. I miss her terribly, and I will love her always. Rest in peace, Mom T.

2 Comments:

At 10:14 PM, Blogger AmysBabies said...

Your bag is gorgeous! What lovely colors and those charms are darling.

That is a very cute turtle you have there ; ) And I agree that those are better than any marbles I ever saw!

I am very sorry to hear about your friend. I send you virtual hugs and will keep you in my prayers.

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger deedo said...

Thanks, Amy. I know your prayers will help. I hever underestimate the power of prayer...(((hug back)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home