back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Friday, September 01, 2006

Not bunnies again!

Not just any bunny, of course, but German angoras. (and/or Giant). I lost dear Bodhi not long ago: he was over 4, and the lifespan of these gentle giants aren't very long. I hesitated getting another, but Bodhi's keeper during the school year, as his job as a classroom bunny, really wanted a rabbit for her new room...so she asked me to help find one. This pic is from MFO Rabbitry in Sac, which may not be in existance anymore (at least their website isn't!) But I loved this pic. (I lost Bodhi's pics on a hard drive that crashed and never recovered...argh! But I have lots of kid's drawings of him I've saved!)

These babies are from Bungalow Farms where the wonderful Bodhi came from. She has wonderful, healthy, sweet bunnies in Sacramento, in her backyard, besides being the registrar for the IAGARB or Internation Association of German Angora Rabbit Breeders (thank gawd for the acronym). She has two that are possibilities for us. A chinchilla hybrid, 4 months, and an 18 month German doe.

Of course, me being me, I immediately think of ways to have an indoor bunny...I think after Woody lives out his life (my hyper terrier dog that thinks cats and bunnies are chew toys) I will clear out the downstairs enough to add a bunny. Litter train her, and then I'll have super stuff for my compost, and more wool to spin!

Whew. A plan.Without a plan, I would have come home with a rabbit for sure!

2 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Blogger AmysBabies said...

Aw bunnies! I miss my bunnies :( I had 3 giant chinchilla rabbits and a minature rex. They were my babies for years. The rex had to be put down at 12 years old and we lost the bigger bunnies one by one after about 10 of old age.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger deedo said...

I DO love bunnies! Wow, giant chinchillas sound really cool. I miss having one too. It's soooo tempting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home