back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

tandem for sale

In a nutshell? Let's just say that honesty is easy in theory, harder to put into practice.

So no trip with the Texan. John says not to sell the tandem, that there will be other captains. Gotta love John! We'll see. It's listed.

Got back on the bike today. It was odd at first, after trying tandem sessions, but it got fun, fast. Ah, yes. This is why I bike. Bob is going to find out whether there's still room on his trip down the coast. Bob has a SAG set up! And his trip includes wine and lighthouses.

True, it'll take a baker's dozen of most likely older men to take the place of the Texan as a riding companion, but I'll deal. :)

He was nice. He tried to do what he thought was best. Can't blame him there. BUT if he had been honest earlier, it would have saved us both time, work and money. And awkwardness. I knew it didn't feel right. And I can be such a good friend! We could have just hung out and played the friend card. And talked about it. Sigh. Instead, I kind of feel burned. I DO understand he was honest, and willing to risk both situations in being honest. (Thanks, Jane!) It just sort of backfired...

Anyway, I wish it could have been more, too.

1 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger AmysBabies said...

So sorry to hear things didn't work out :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home