back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Saturday, August 20, 2005

The feline in me

My next obsession is official. And it's expensive.

I want a Ragdoll blue or lynx bi-color pet quality, male ~$700 dollar kitten.

My house is clean! It's astonishing. I enticed DSon to clean up his mess with a car. I enticed my daughter to clean her pile with a kitten. BIG messes. So big, it shocks everyone that comes in. They had stuff everywhere. Downstairs is gorgeous. A big, open, bright room. Upstairs is cleared and ready for fires in the woodburning stove.

I'm finished with classes, I'm almost done with working on the house. Even bought a trellis for the vine that the insurance people didn't like on the edge of the roof. I'm going to broke...will cost about $600 total to get the house up to snuff for the insurance people to cover me. Still, getting the whole in the roof fixed was NECESSARY, and I wouldn't have done it, or known there was a big leak, unless they pointed it out. Same with the tree trimming, and I get to finally get rid of the JUNK around this place. And painting? Better do it than not. So I can't really complain, I needed to be told to do it.

DD got herself a kitten! We went to Sacto. I wasn't willing to put bloody references and pay extra for nuetering (they have it done in Sacto for $35, part of the total $67 fee, I'd have to get it done myself in Davis for $100 on top of the $100 to adopt.) Davis would even charge $5 for the cardboard crate to take it home! So we went to Sacto. Nobody asked for references, phone numbers, vet references, etc.... and we'll be bringing home Fondue on Tuesday in a cardboard crate they give us for free with the kitty. We even get a free voucher for a Sacto vet in the first three days. I made one to a vet hospital off Jefferson in West Sac.

The real reason is that I liked the variety of kittens on Petfinder. There was one called Wheaty, a white lynx, that I would have wanted to adopt myself if he were still there...but he wasn't. DD almost wanted this crazed little 5 week old wild cat yellow kitten, that yowled, butted and rubbed against the cage bars. I nixed that, and luckily she played with all the small kittens, and chose a playful climber, a dilute tabby girl. Her mom was an amazingly gentle black cat. She also had a darker tabby brother. YES, I'm very tempted to adopt the momma cat, but I've never had cats~ we still have crazy Woody dog to convince not to pounce and lick cats...IF DS and Woody were moved out already, I would totally get the momma cat too, if the little boy tabby is adopted. BUT they're not.

Besides, I DO want a ragdoll. I love the lighter bi-color masked ones, where the v doesn't go through the middle of the eye, but all around it, like a Mardi Gras mask. Quiet, gentle, but playful. A cuddle-bug. Non-shedding, with symetrical markings in any color but seal, because I like the lighter colors. Mitted or not. Male.

I have to think....that black cat struck me as the most gentle cat I'd ever seen. But how would it be to live with her? Could I clip her claws even?? I am afraid of cat claws and cat bites. Really. Starting with a predictable kitten would be different...that's also why I'm chosing a Ragdoll. And WHAT ABOUT WOODY??!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home