back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Spending spree

I just spent $50 or so on ebay for fibres...thinking that I'll have time to spin and knit my 3 nephews scarves for Christmas. I spent about $150 so far on mohair and needles to knit lace scarves that I am thinking in the back of my mind to sell at a fair or the Artery. HA! Since when does that happen? Really?

And I find that my washer is leaking water. Has been for 1/2 year maybe. Mold, mildew, and blocked by a laundry sink. Dang. I can try and find the leak myself, or I'm out a few hundred for a new one. And try and clean up the mold stuff. I suppose I disconnect the laundry sink, move it all out and clean it up: and then buy a new washing machine. It is about 15 years old or so. But I'm clean out of money, paying $1310 for my dental work, $100 for Matt's eroom visit, and so on. Good grief. And $255 for firewood. $600 for fixing up the house for the honor of having AAA homeowner's insurance. OUCH.

Rode 70+ miles this weekend. Helped with the CA Triathlon on Saturday. Amazing. Fun, too. Even had a serious competitor, one of the first to ride by on the 112 mile part, call back to me, "Good hand off!" when I passed him a water bottle. Tennis has it's advantages, including running sideways, backwards, and any which way to hand off to a cyclist speeding up to speed off a corner!

Have my kitty, the pretty fluffy thing on the pink stuff. Snow Lion seems to be sticking as her name. Every inch the ragdoll. Damn, taking on 8 hand blended/handspun/handknit large scarves-wraps for exchange. That'll take a few years, I'm sure.

DS has moved to work with dad for a month or two. Miss him terribly. He was the sweetest baby/toddler/all the way up, for all his messiness and struggles with schoolwork, he was the BEST. I do trust the ex very much to watch after him, and take care of him, of course. That never changed. But ds has grown-up, and will probably move into his own place after this job of helping his dad put up the barn. Where did those 18 1/2 years go?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home