back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Friday, September 23, 2005

tennis

Last Tuesday, Dennis and I played Steven and James. I played better than I ever have. It was pretty even, 7-5. 6-7. Or something like that, either way, They said I 'won' for playing the best that night! I could hit corners, place shots...and then last night, we all stank. James and I won, 6-4, 3-6, 7-6. It's when I seem to focus. If I focus too much on my backswing, I get awkward. Focus on the follow thru I think works better. Or is it just on the ball? Closer to the moment? Sure, sure, Federer...Tuesday was windy. And Prince Marcus jogged by and called out a hello. Instant shenpa mind spiral for not meditating lately. Sigh.

Still, THATS the way I want to play always. No holding back. I NEED to be more aggresive at net, and keep my eye on the darn ball. That's how points end. From lack of testosterone, I have to consciously talk to myself to attack and go for it! Funny, I get too pumped up, and I swing at shots sailing out. Such a fine line. Must be hard, being a guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home