back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Sunday, October 29, 2006



Labradorite. I used my saw!!! I slabbed up this big rock (softball sized) that I bought last year and has been sitting outside like any old rock in the garden, and it was this labradorite. It was so fun to see the slabs shine! Mostly golden, and flashes of blue and orange.

Then I slabbed my $$$ astrophylite rock that I got. This is from that. Pretty nice stuff! I'm not sure how well it would really sell, but I like it!

And although the color isn't too good in this pic, this is my newest love of a rock, and that's the Mexican Lace Agate. This is from a rough end cut that I got on ebay. How cool is that?? And the rock wanted to be cut in a classic oval. Huh?? But I conceded my freeform preference to it's wishes.

and a pendant from an ocho geode half I shaped from the Rock Shop. Titanium crystals too.

YES, I'm working on Sock Bugs! I have fabric for 4 large ones, and 6 Baby Bugs.

I'm thinking the pendants really sell best in person. Golden asked that I bring what I'd done to work because it was her last day as a student teacher, and I was thinking just she would buy, because I was still making them for everyone else, but I ended up selling 7 at lunch! I only had 4 left... and they really don't sell well online.

Interesting; Golden is a very hip, young person, and she said she'd never seen anything like them! I always though wire wrapping was EVERYWHERE, but I guess only at places more 'mature' people go to.

So I may just hope to sell them in person at the Davis Art Show next December if Margo and I get in!

1 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger AmysBabies said...

I know I haven't commented in too long, but your stones are stunning! I am so glad you are having so much fun with them :) I can't wait to see what you polish up next

 

Post a Comment

<< Home