back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Annakat, KnittingGuru and Felted Flowers



Oh boy, I'm adding links! Annakat is an opera singer now law student, a BIG sock knitter and adventurer of life, now chronicling her internet dating experience. KnittingGuru has many tips on knitting, and is a fellow Etsier! Go have a look!

Here's my newest play: Flowers. I have done knit ones, and just am not taken by knitting little things with lots of needle manipulation. And then I pulled out my crochet hook. FUN! Usually, anything bigger than a flower, I mess up completely in crochet, but flowers are perfect.

AND my yarns felt. Of course it should, being wool and mohair, but the way things are processed, you never know. The felted one is the rose. I'm using my own yarn leftovers, spun singles. I need to dye more fiber for flowers! I'm thinking of putting flowers on an omiyage pouch. Lots around the top.

And I must make one of those bunny head ponytail elastic thingies...the idea keeps jumping up and down like a true bunny in my head for attention...

1 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger KnittingGuru said...

Thanks for mentioning my blog!
I really like the way the colors of your yarns look knitted and crocheted into flowers. And that comment is from a flower maven, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home