back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Sunday, May 21, 2006


This is what I'm working on. Not 3 but 4 Sock Bugs! I don't think I can do much more. It takes me 2 or 3 days to look, ponder, and figure out fabrics and colors. I can't rush it. I look, place fabric, and if nothing speaks, I go away and come back later. I also can only do it in daylight, because it's the only time I can see well enough the true colors.

Yay, big sis bought me lots of fabric! I'll get it next weekend.



Here's Volcano and my rainbow roving, ready to spin. I've been a busy gal!

Lunarium had the best idea! She does polymer clay, her etsy pal Beckarahn does beading and ruching, and I do omiyage bags. So Lunarium suggested that we do an unofficial coproduction. I enlarge and create 3 bags about the size of a small purse from each of our fabrics. Then I send it on to Lunarium. She creates beads, unique to each bag and sends it to Becka. Becka beautifies the bags with Lunarium's beads and more fabric. Tada! Then we each receive one of the bags, to sell or keep. How much fun is that?!

8 year old Connor won my 'teacher auction'! Every Spring my school holds a Spring Fling, and part of it is a silent auction. My 'donation' was to koolaid paint some merino sock yarn from KnitPicks with the winner then knit a pair of socks from the yarn he/she painted.


Here's whats on my wheel now. I'll ply it tonight, and have something to put on Etsy tomorrow.

I love doing this. And to think I was thinking of stringing tennis rackets for a 2nd job! lol.

1 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Blogger KnittingGuru said...

Hi -

I love your yarn, just as I loved your socks when I saw them on Etsy. You have a great color sense.

KnittingGuru

 

Post a Comment

<< Home