back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Bugs, Yarn, new ideas and waking up late...



Ah, yarn soothes me!

What a day. I woke up late for work. Big deal, the first time in 13 years of teaching. It's because I was up until 2:00am plying this yarn!! Pretty, isn't it? It's Volcano. Well, Volcano Sunset, because I added pinks, not just reds.

So I get to school before class starts, but late, and my boys are so anxious to get inside, they try to break in with a stick. A stick broken off in the lock: hence, my key no longer works. Ack.

It got worse. Tantrum child, truant daughter, writing samples, and the final touch? I've been exposed to Strep. 13 days left of work...

I've been wanting to do hair ties. When I had a wonderful Japanese student, years ago, the mother gave me a lovely little delicate fabric flower hair tie. I still use it, it's my favorite. Hand stitched. So I'm thinking a bunny head and collar, on an elastic hair thing. Maybe in pairs, for $10. I need to make sure I make plenty for next Easter too!

Summer. I need to make more and different omiyage, more spinning, and perhaps knitting some of my crazy idea scarves with handspun. I have one idea of felted flowers. The idea is fab, but I don't like knitting little flowers....eh. But it IS an excuse to buy another book.

James and I held the 1st court yesterday again Steven/Kwo Wei and Karey/Dennis. I didn't play too badly! Now to finish another Sock Bug.

1 Comments:

At 7:59 AM, Blogger KnittingGuru said...

Hi Deedo,

I just wanted to thank you for linking to my blog. I hope you will also look at my website, www.knittingguru.com

I like your little bags and I love your socks!

KnittingGuru (aka Veena)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home