back and forth

My two lives. My late night/early mornings life of mad crafty energy, where my fingers itch to create and my mild mannered day life of teaching, biking, tennis and the love of my life!

Sunday, May 28, 2006

My Auction and an 8 year old boy


This year for our school 'auction', my donation was to kool aid dye some yarn with the winning child, and then knit it into a pair of custom socks.

This is the result! He started out carefully painting, and changing colors. At the end, he up-ended all the cups on top of the skein!

We used cherry, grape, lime, grape, and strawberry. I gave him a choice of packets, and next time, I may just put out the primary colors and more concentrated as well. Also, do it directly in a crockpot to 'cook' at school, rather than muddying colors by transporting it home. But it was fun! Thank goodness for the chart in Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks so I can figure out how much to cast on. The yarn is Knitpicks merino Color Your Own.

Here's my latest skein that I'll be putting up soon on Etsy. I'm also inspired to spin some sock weight yarn to put up. Or use!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home